Saturday, December 16, 2006

4 steps to a multilingual blog in Blogger

Since I have received a lot of e-mails asking about how to maintain a multilingual blog in Blogger, I will share the 4 steps that works for me, I use a little tricky process and Its something like this:

  1. Write posts in the two selected languages in a text editor
  2. I want to maintain the main page always in English, so I Write the Spanish post and assign an old date to it (more than 4 days.)
  3. I post the English one with the current date. (and include a link to the translation post)
  4. Since my account is configured to display the last 3 days at home, it works! The Spanish posts are archived and the main page is always in English.

It’s a lot of work, but it works for me since there no a appropriate solution from Blogger so far..., do you have any better solution? please share it with us! :)

Thanks

Vic.